How to make tincture of cherry on moonshine
Homemade cherry liqueur is a great alternative to cheap wines and liquors, as this product is based on natural ingredients, not low-quality chemical powders. How to make a delicious aromatic drink from cherries and moonshine yourself, learn from the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
High-quality tincture is always characterized by a rich dark ruby color., transparency, pleasant aroma and a specific sweet and sour taste. Whether it will be possible to achieve these criteria at home depends entirely on the quality of the ingredients used.
Did you know? The name "cherry" is of Slavic origin. He is associated with "height", "the Almighty." For many peoples, this tree is considered divine and symbolizes life.
If in the manufacture of low-quality industrial wines the taste, color and aroma of the finished product is formed by soluble and extractive additives in the form of dyes, flavors, nitrogenous and tannins, glycosides, harmful sweeteners and alcohols of dubious quality, then homemade cherries are insisted on ripe berries and premium vodka. Depending on individual gastronomic preferences, sugar, citric acid, cherry leaves, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and other spices can be added to these main components.
The best liqueur is obtained from fresh cherries. But if they are absent, frozen, dried and even dried fruits are suitable for home winemaking. Some housewives manage to make a high-quality alcoholic drink from only seeds. But do not forget about the danger of this ingredient due to the hydrocyanic acid contained in it, so it is advisable to use berry pulp for the preparation of liquors. An alternative to it is cherry jam or jam.
Alcohol, vodka, cognac or moonshine are suitable as an alcohol filler for such purposes. It is important that the product is of high quality, otherwise the filling will not work.
Important! To determine the worminess of cherries and cherries, it is enough to take one very ripe berry and, expanding its flesh, look at the inside. The presence of wormholes can produce excessive softness and stickiness of the fruit, as well as black dots on their skin.
The best recipes
There are many options for cherry alcohol tinctures. Each of them, depending on the added nutrients, is distinguished by its unique taste, aroma and degree of astringency.
3 L 1 month
Energy value per 100 g:
- When using fresh or frozen berries, it is advisable to slightly dry them naturally, or in the oven. This manipulation will save the product from excess moisture, as a result of which the filling will not be watery. In the case of drying in the sun, it will take several days to achieve the desired condition.
- In a clean three-liter jar, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Note that the alcohol base should cover the cherries a few centimeters.
- Close the container tightly and on the 31st day put for fermentation in a dark place. It is important that the room temperature is not lower than room temperature.
- Periodically (approximately 2 times a week), vigorously shake the contents of the vessel.
- After the specified period, strain the tincture and squeeze the berries thoroughly. It will not be superfluous to filter the liquid through cotton wool.
- The finished drink can be poured into pre-prepared containers and sealed for storage. For this, a refrigerator or cellar is ideal.
Video recipeClassic RecipeVideo Recipe: Classic Recipe
This is the simplest recipe, the preparation of which does not require much effort and special skills. Classic cherry is recognizable for its rich taste and a specific almond aftertaste.
With cherry leaf
3 L 20 days
from one lemon
Energy value per 100 g:
- Wash cherries and foliage thoroughly. Remove the seeds from the fruit.
- Fold the prepared raw materials in an enameled container with high sides and pour in cold water. Boil the raw materials over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Turn off the stove and strain the hot cherry broth.
- Place it again in an enameled bowl, add sugar and lemon juice, mix well. Re-place on low heat for about 10 minutes until sugar crystals are completely dissolved.
- After this, the syrup needs to be cooled and pour vodka into it.
- The finished product can be poured into clean, dry dishes with airtight lids. To make the drink more aromatic, you can additionally put one fresh leaf in each container.
- Now you need to insist on cherry for 20 days. If there is a cloudy precipitate, be sure to strain the drink with cotton wool.
Video recipeWith Cherry LeafVideo Recipe: With Cherry Leaf
Foliage in this recipe is used to emphasize the smell, and citric acid helps to stabilize the taste. It is convenient to prepare cherry liqueur in this way in lean years.
Important! Infuse can be longer than specified in the recipe period. It is believed that the older the drink, the tastier it is. The main thing is not to expire its validity.
With bones and leaves
3 L 2 months
Energy value per 100 g:
- In a three-liter jar, pour cherry drupes, as well as chopped foliage, and pour raw vodka. For 60 days, send the infusion mixture to a dark kitchen cabinet, away from sunny places.
- After 2 months, remove the tincture and strain.
- In a separate pan, prepare syrup. To do this, dissolve sugar in warm water and boil a little.
- Turn off the stove and let the liquid cool. After that, pour it into a jar with cherry seeds and leaves.
- Filter the finished drink and pour into prepared containers.
Important! For a healthy man, a moderate amount of alcohol per day is estimated at 300 g, for a woman - 200 g. Exceeding these limits increases the risk of various diseases and premature death.
3 L 1 hour
Energy value per 100 g:
- The washed and peeled berries are placed in an enameled pan and pour water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about half an hour, gently stirring from burning.
- Cool to room temperature and strain. Then add sugar to it and simmer again over low heat. It is important that sugar crystals are completely dissolved in the composition. Do not forget to carefully collect the resulting foam.
- Wait until the resulting syrup has cooled, mix it with an alcohol base and citric acid.
- The finished drink can be bottled in advance prepared bottles and sealed for further storage.
Video recipeCherry LiqueurVideo Recipe: Cherry Liqueur
Did you know? Twenty ripe cherries have the same effect on the human body as an aspirin tablet.
Features of storage of blanks
It is recommended to store home-made liquors and liquors in sealed glass containers away from sunlight. An ideal place for this is a refrigerator or a cellar. With strict adherence to storage rules, such drinks can stand from 3 months to 3 years. It is believed that over time, cherry becomes more pronounced taste and aroma, so you should not rush with tasting.
Note that the use of foliage and seeds reduces the shelf life of the tincture. In this case, it is advisable to use it for 2 years. The preparation of homemade drinks from berry crops does not require experience and special knowledge. When using high-quality raw materials and the right exposure, you will definitely get excellent treats.